How To Provide Top Notch Service To Blind CustomersIf you own or work for a company (or nonprofit), it's probably important to you to provide excellent customer service to all of your prospects and customers. If you don't have a plan for how to provide great service to blind and visually impaired customers, You should.
Here are some key factors to consider in serving blind and visually impaired customers:
- Be Proactive: Anticipate blind customers' needs and make plans to meet them.
- Ensure Accessibility: Your website, social media, marketing materials, PDFs, and more should be accessible and ADA compliant.
- Train Your Customer Support Staff: Provide your staff with training on how to be empathetic, patient, and effective in dealing with blind customers.
- Ask Customers What They Need: The best way to know what any customer needs, especially a blind or visually impaired one, is to simply ask them! Make sure your customer support staff know to do this - both during and after support is provided.
- Include the Visually Impaired in Marketing Materials: Where possible, include photos of blind people and relevant text in marketing materials.
5 Ways to Help Your Company’s Visually Challenged Customers
Donate to SDCB