Where In The World Is Blindness The Worst?
- India and China represent 49% of the world's blindness and vision loss, while comprising 37% of its population.
- The only country with more than 27% of its population suffering from vision loss is Nepal, a neighbor of both India and China.
- Virtually every country in the Western hemisphere has fewer than 15% with vision loss.
- The U.S. has 3.7% vision loss.
- The only major country with a lower rate of vision loss than the U.S. is our neighbor Canada.